Referral Perks® Program Rules
TO REFER SOMEONE YOU MUST:
- Be an existing First West Credit Union (FWCU) Member, hold a Simply Free Account®, Chequing Regular, High Interest Savings Account or Savings First Account and meet the minimum age requirement of 17.
- Visit the Valley First Referral Perks website and click on "REFER NOW" to open a profile by submitting your legal name and date of birth – this is how we securely identify you as an existing FWCU Member. You'll also need to provide your email address and accept the Terms & Conditions of the Program.
- See the "Referrer Qualifications" in the Terms & Conditions for more details.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO BE REFERRED YOU MUST:
- Not be an existing FWCU Member and meet the minimum age requirement of 17.
- Unlock the referral offer sent to you and sign-up for Referral Perks by submitting your legal name and date of birth – this how we securely verify your identity as a new FWCU Member. You'll also need to provide your unique email address and accept the Terms & Conditions of the Program.
- Become a new FWCU Member with a qualifying personal Chequing Account and set up and complete a recurring pre-authorized debit or credit transaction on this account within 60 days of being referred.
- See "New Member Qualifications" in the Terms & Conditions for more details.
QUALIFYING PERSONAL CHEQUING ACCOUNT:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Who qualifies to participate in the Valley First Referral Perks Program?
Participants of the Program must meet the minimum age requirement of 17. A Referrer must be an existing Member of FWCU in good standing. A Referee must be a non-Member of FWCU. See "Referrer Qualifications" and "New Member Qualifications" in the Terms & Conditions for more details.
Do referrals expire?
Yes. Referrals via email and social media are valid for 60 days.
How can I see the status of my referrals?
Login to the Referral Perks website and click "Check Status".
The person I referred deleted the referral email and no longer has the social media posting. What should I do?
Login to the Referral Perks website and resend the referral. Or your Referee can visit the site and click "Get Your Reward" and enter your email address to register.
How do I register for the Referral Perks Program if someone has referred me?
Click on the link contained in the Referral Perks email/message and follow the instructions to register for the program.
If you were referred verbally, you must register by clicking the "Get Your Reward" button on the Referral Perks website. Enter the email address of the friend who referred you and input your details. We'll email them to confirm the referral. (The Referrer must already be registered on the Referral Perks website).
How do face-to-face referrals work?
The Referrer must register on the Referral Perks website prior to making verbal referrals. Once registered, the Referrer can make verbal referrals:
- Direct the Referee to https://refer.valleyfirst.com to click on the "Already Referred By A Friend? Get Your Reward" button. They'll enter your email address and follow the instructions provided by the site and we'll email you to confirm the referral.
How does my referral qualify for a Referral Perks reward?
When you refer a family member, friend or colleague to FWCU, subject to these Rules and the Terms & Conditions of the Program, you may each qualify to have the reward credited to your account if:
- They UNLOCK your referral offer.
- They meet the minimum age requirement of 17, become a new FWCU Member, open a Simply Free Chequing Account and set up a successful recurring automatic bill payment or direct deposit transaction.
- You both complete your Referral Perks profile.
See the Terms & Conditions of the Program for more details.
How many Referral Perks rewards can I earn?
You can earn up to $500 per calendar year. Referees who receive their first reward for being referred are eligible to earn up to $500 per calendar year in additional rewards for making their own referrals. During the 'Double your rewards' promotion, you can earn up to an additional $1,000 a year.
How long does it take to receive my Referral Perks rewards?
Once the referral has been approved and all criteria met, your reward will take up to 7 business days to be credited to your account.
What if my question is not answered here?
Contact the Referral Perks Support Team via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.