Valley First Referral Perks® Terms & Conditions
Overview of the Valley First Referral Perks® Program (the "Program"): The Program creates the opportunity for existing members of First West Credit Union ("FWCU") through its Valley First division to refer new members to Valley First whereby both the existing and new members have the opportunity to receive a Perk (as defined below) for the referral if the referred person becomes a new member of Valley First, a division FWCU and fulfills the requirements as set out in these Term (defined below).
By participating in the Program, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”). The decisions of FWCU with respect to all aspects of the Program are final.
Definitions: for the purposes of the Program:
- "CASL" means An Act to Promote the Efficiency and Adaptability of the Canadian Economy by Regulating Certain Activities that Discourage Reliance on Electronic Means of Carrying out Commercial Activities, and to Amend the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Act, the Competition Act, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Telecommunications Act, SC 2010, c 23, as amended (a copy of CASL is available at http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/sc-2010-c-23/latest/sc-2010-c-23.html);
- "Existing Business Relationship" is defined in CASL;
- "Existing Non-Business Relationship" is defined in CASL;
- "Family Relationship" means the relationship between an individual who sends a message and the individual to whom the message is sent if those individuals are related to one another through a marriage, common-law partnership or any legal parent-child relationship and those individuals have had direct, voluntary, two-way communication;
- "New Member" means a person who meets the qualification in Article 3 hereof and is not otherwise ineligible and "New Members" means more than one New Member;
- "Perk" means a $100 CAD credit (no cash value) to your personal chequing account at FWCU and "Perks" means more than one Perk;
- "Personal Relationship" means the relationship between an individual who sends a message and the individual to whom the message is sent, if those individuals have had direct, voluntary, two-way communications and it would be reasonable to conclude that they have a personal relationship, taking into consideration any relevant factors such as the sharing of interests, experiences, opinions and information evidenced in the communications, the frequency of communication, the length of time since the parties communicated or whether the parties have met in person;
- "Program Term" means March 18, 2023 at 12:01 AM PST to December 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST, unless terminated at an earlier date by FWCU in its sole and absolute discretion;
- "Referrer" means a person who meets the qualification in Article 2 hereof and is not otherwise ineligible and "Referrers" means more than one Referrer; and
- “Simply Free Account” means the Simply Free Account® offered by FWCU.
Referrer Qualifications: During the Program, a Referrer may receive a maximum of 5 Perks (total maximum of $500 CAD credit (no cash value) to the Referrer's personal chequing account at Valley First, a division of FWCU) in any calendar year. To qualify for a Perk under the Program, the Referrer must comply with these Terms and Conditions, and must:
- be an existing member of Valley First, a division FWCU, and not be in default of any of the Referrer's obligations to FWCU under any agreement with FWCU whatsoever during the Program Term up to and including the time the Perk is issued to the Referrer;
- register for the Program at https://refer.valleyfirst.com during the Program Term;
- refer New Member(s) to become new members of Valley First, a division of FWCU and register the referral of such New Member(s) at https://refer.valleyfirst.com within the Program Term, and the New Member must qualify as a New Member pursuant to Article 4 hereof within the Program Term; and
- be a British Columbia resident with a British Columbia address at the time of registering for the Program, during the balance of the Program Term, and when the Perk is issued, and must be at least 17 years of age at the time of registering for the Program.
For greater clarity, a Referrer cannot and will not receive a Perk if they refer a New Member to Island Savings or Envision Financial Referrers must be members of Valley First, a division of FWCU and referrals must be made to Valley First, a division of FWCU.
New Member Qualifications: During the Program, a New Member may receive a maximum of 1 Perk (total maximum of $100 CAD, no cash value, credited to the New Member's Simply Free Account at Valley First, a division of FWCU) in any calendar year. To qualify for a Perk under the Program, the New Member must:
- have been a member of Valley First, a division of FWCU for period of 6 months prior to becoming a new member of Valley First, a division of FWCU under the Program, or
- be a signer on any account of an Valley First, a division of FWCU member for a period of 6 months prior to becoming a new Valley First, a division of FWCU member under the Program;
- be referred during the Program Term by a Referrer who has registered the referral in accordance with Article 3 hereof and who qualifies as a Referrer pursuant to Article 3 hereof;
- register for the Program and register being referred by a Referrer at https://refer.valleyfirst.com during the Program Term;
- be accepted as a new member of Valley First, a division of FWCU within 60 days of being referred by a Referrer. All membership and account applications to FWCU by the New Member are subject to FWCU's approval processes and procedures in place from time to time and being a New Member does not guarantee acceptance as a member of FWCU.
- Within sixty (60) days of receiving confirmation that the New Members personal membership has been approved, the New Member must open a new Simply Free Account, set up a successful reoccurring pre-authorized debit or credit on the new Simply Free Account. and must not be in default of any of the New Member’s obligations to FWCU under any agreement with FWCU whatsoever; and
- be a British Columbia resident with a British Columbia address at the time of registering for the Program, at the time of becoming a member of FWCU, during the balance of the Program Term, and when the Perk is issued, and must be at least 17 years of age at the time of registering for the Program.
Referral Rules: Each person must comply with CASL when making a referral. Without limiting the foregoing, a person must not refer anyone to Valley First, a division of FWCU unless the person who is making the referral has an Existing Business Relationship, an Existing Non-Business Relationship, a Family Relationship or a Personal Relationship with the person who is being referred to Valley First, a division of FWCU.
Ineligibility: All FWCU employees and directors (whether full time, part time or otherwise) and their respective immediate families are ineligible to participate in the Program as Referrers and/or New Members. FWCU reserves the right to disqualify anyone in circumstances in which FWCU reasonably believes the New Member was not referred to FWCU in good faith.
Issuance of Perk: Within 90 days of all qualifications of both the Referrer and New Member being met and neither the Referrer nor New Member being otherwise ineligible, FWCU will credit the personal chequing account at Valley First, a division of FWCU of both the Referrer and New Member $100 CAD dollars each (no cash value).
- FWCU may report the value of the Perk to the federal, provincial or local tax authorities if required by applicable law or any regulatory authority having jurisdiction over FWCU, and any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient of the Perk.
- FWCU reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend or modify these Terms, or modify (including without limitation to limit the number or aggregate amount of the Offer), cancel or suspend the Program, without prior notice and for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of FWCU corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Program. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason whatsoever and in FWCU’s sole and absolute discretion, the Program is not capable of running as originally planned, FWCU reserves the right to cancel the Program without any liability whatsoever.
- This is a limited-time Program. Perks and referrals made pursuant to the Program are non-transferable, may not be combined with any other offer or promotion and the Terms of the Program are subject to change at any time as FWCU may determine in its sole and absolute discretion and without notice.
- By participating in or attempting to participate in the Program, each and all Referrers and New Members, or attempted Referrers and New Members, agree to accept, abide by and be bound by these Terms. Issuance of any and each Perk, and continued participation in the Program, is conditional upon compliance with these Terms. FWCU may at any time prohibit a person from participating in the Program if the person breaches any of these Terms.
- The Program is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian, federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws. This Program shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Program Terms, rights and obligations between any party and the FWCU, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Referrals that do not comply with these Program Terms, as determined by FWCU in its sole and absolute discretion, may be deemed void by FWCU. Referrer may be required to submit proof of compliance with these Terms to FWCU, and failure to provide such proof upon request may, in FWCU’s sole and absolute discretion, render Referrer’s referral null and void.
- Each person who participates or attempts to participate in the Program, including the Referrer and the New Member (each an "indemnitor") agrees to indemnify and save harmless FWCU, including without limitation all of its divisions, affiliates and its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and others involved from and against all claims, demands, proceedings, suits, liabilities whatsoever relating to: (a) the Indemnitor's participation or attempted participation in this Program, and (b) any breach of this agreement by the Indemnitor. Neither FWCU, including without limitation all of its divisions, affiliates nor its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or others involved are liable for any lost or misdirected Perks or for any other losses or damages whatsoever, whether of the foregoing character or otherwise, relating to the Program.
- By participating in or attempting to participate in the Program, each Referrer and New Member, or attempted Referrer and New Member: (a) consent to the collection, use, disclosure and storage of their personal information as necessary for FWCU to operate the Program, contact the potential New Member, and disclose the source of the referral, and (b) acknowledge that FWCU has affiliates and uses or may use service suppliers located in the United States and other jurisdictions in the conduct and administration of the Program and acknowledges and agrees that Information may be stored and processed in the United States and other jurisdictions and that governments, courts, and law enforcement agencies in Canada, the United States, and other jurisdictions may be able to obtain disclosure of the Information in accordance with the laws of Canada and the other jurisdiction.
- In the event that FWCU or an affiliate and/or a service supplier cannot or will not process a registration of referral by a New Member and/or Referrer or issue a Perk in connection with the Program by reason that FWCU, the affiliate or service supplier may suffer legal and/or reputational risks, or that FWCU, the affiliate or service supplier may, by doing so, violate CASL or any other law, regulation, rule or internal policy applicable to it if it processes the registration of the Referrer and/or New Member or issues the Perk, then the Referrer and New Member acknowledge that the Perk will not be issued and none of FWCU or any of its divisions, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and others involved shall have any liability in respect of any non‐issuance of a Perk.
- By participating in or attempting to participate in the Program, each Referrer and New Member or attempted Referrer and New Member elects to receive email(s) from FWCU and its affiliates and their suppliers regarding that registrant's membership and participation in the Program. FWCU cannot and will not notify any Referrer or New Member if the email address such person provided is undeliverable. Referrer and New Member names and email addresses will not be captured and stored to be used by FWCU to send such person future marketing communications (direct mail or email) related to other FWCU products and services except to the extent such person has otherwise authorized or instructed FWCU to do so, or to the extent that FWCU is permitted or required by law to do so.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFER WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND FWCU RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.